Sunday 23 February 2014

Masthead and Font Decisions

When it came to choosing a font I had various decisions on which one to choose, however I first made a template of a few example ones then showed them to the target audience to see which one they preferred and these were the ones shown.


However this wasn't enough for text as it wasn't rough and underground enough to make it feel like it was a rap and hip hop magazine so I decided to then go through some more texts until I came to one that actually had more of a cunning edge that satisfied the needs of the target audience to know and feel that it was a rap and hip hop magazine. (This picture of the masthead is taken from the front cover while being made)


After using this font for the magazine I also then added a shadow to make it more effective and stand out more so it looks original. The mastheads plan was originally planned for the artists image to cover up half of the P however, since it would disguised and confuse the audience in not knowing the name of the magazine I decided to bring out the P a bit more so it's more clear to the audience and viewers of this type of genre.


No comments:

Post a Comment