Sunday 23 February 2014

Front Cover Linked to Research

When making the front cover, I mainly wanted to resemble my front cover to the XXL magazines especially the one with the artists NAS on it. This was due to the colour and lighting using including mise-en-scene. So what I did was make the font similar however, use a different masthead "UP" with effects to make it look much different and then use the ideas from the XXL magazine and create my own with graphics, colours, text and layers. I also looked at other music magazines such as VIBE and The Source, but the one that appealed to me the most was XXL. This was due to the target audience that I had and also the way it's been laid out so simply and formally rather than being over done with a younger audience.


As you can see, most of my research was based upon that magazine, however the things I changed in the text were, the main heading slogan to make it shorter and catchier towards the target audience also the name of the magazine on top of the masthead "UP" so the audience will know the name of the magazine not just the initial if it ever comes to newcomers.


No comments:

Post a Comment