Tuesday 21 January 2014

Summary and Ideas from the survey & focus group.

         Using the answers from the survey, It has given me an idea of what age group I'd be targeting for my music magazine since 100% of those aged from around 16 to 20 who took my survey. Another helpful suggestion by the people who took my survey was what appealed to them the most in music magazines and what appeals to them the least. From the results I've realised that the artist is the main feature of the music magazine from issues and the least are the stickers. So what I've realised is that this age group is more grown up as older teenagers or young adults. For example a younger audience would enjoy having stickers on the front cover as it'd be creative for them, however for an older group age it'll be more clear with extra writing. When it came to the last question asking which genre they prefer the most, it was close as all of them were mainly equal however, just by a few more percent, rap and hip-hop was selected as the most voted. This genre was an Idea I was planning to use in general, but since It's also more common I'll need to find a way to make it stand out more compared to the competition there would be In this genre due to It being well known. 
 
          When I recorded the focus group, I interviewed 3 people who were 16-18 years old. In this interview I asked them what appeals to them the most from 3 well known magazines which were; Kerrang!, VIBE & XXL. I asked them which would appeal to them the most if they were to see those 3 on a shelf next to each other. There responses were mixed as it was between XXL and Kerrang! However when I asked them which feature they liked the most from the magazines, they mainly preferred the XXL medium close up image of the artist including the angle of gaze and lighting used. I then proceeded to ask them what they thought of the lay out of the magazine and they told me that XXL was the most clear and spread out magazine and then explaining how they've separated the sub heading from not clashing with the main image and title. Also keeping originality with the masthead to represent the magazines company.
         From using all the research I have gathered here Is a sketch of what Ideas I have for the front cover using the research from the survey and focus group. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment