Monday 20 January 2014

Research Rationale

The target group that I have access to are teenagers ranging from the age of 16 to 19 which they can also fit under the category of being called older teenagers and young adults. The types of research I’ll be conducting from the target group are questions such as; “what type of music magazine do you purchase”, “how often do you purchase magazines”, “what price range you’d buy a magazine for” etc. This would involve a question and answers scheme for the target group to take part in and also surveys to see where the results are on the poll. However, I will be coming up with much more creative ideas to make my research stand out rather than having a dull set up for what I’d be asking the audience. The resource I’ll need to create the surveys is using an online website called survey monkey. Using this would help me put up questions that I’ll need to ask the audience on what their views are of the music industry and how they prefer their magazines. Doing this would help me come out with greater ideas which I can therefore use for the future front cover that I’ll be constructing including the contents page on double spread. For the focus group, I’ll be using magazines are showing the audience the front covers of those magazine and see which ones stick out more compared to the rest and why there reason is to that. This would then help me pick out what I can possibly use to help attract the audience that I’ll be basing the genre around to make it more outstanding rather than original.

No comments:

Post a Comment